Friday, March 20, 2015

Wisconsin Neighbors

Last year, we made friends with visitors from Manitowoc, Wisconsin, and I'd been looking forward to seeing them again. Carol and Joe are here for a month with niece Mary and her husband, John, who arrived a week ago. Carol and Mary are in my general age range, very gregarious and fun. They spend most of the day by the pool and are so outgoing and friendly that they're known and liked by everyone.

Yesterday, Mary cooked ribs that she'd browned and prepared them the night before and put them in the oven at 275 in the afternoon, with occasional temperature adjustments. The smell from our balcony, right next to hers, was wonderful, and I'm kicking myself for not trying the two ribs they had left over after dinner. We'd just eaten ourselves and weren't hungry, but my stomach feels a little empty this morning, yet another Friday in Lent,  and now I wish I'd had a taste.

I enjoyed talking on the balcony last night -- a kind of "balconville" experience. The wine was flowing and the company was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment