Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Soaking in Formula 409 - Sequel

I couldn't find my swim goggles before we left home, but I had Bob's in case of need. However, I didn't bother to use them because my head needs an extra couple of inches, and it's something of a hassle to modify the strap. I use the goggles only occasionally anyway, so I didn't worry about swimming without them. Big mistake.

My eyes were a little sore after my Monday morning swim in non-toxic suds but I didn't think anything of it when they got a little worse yesterday afternoon. I was much better this morning but my eyes got progressively worse as I moved through my morning session in the pool. By the time I got up to our apartment, I could hardly open my red, teary, very sore eyes.

I've been in hundreds of pools without goggles and am usually fine after a shower. Today was an exception, and I spent the morning indoors, alternating between cold compresses and sunglasses.

I was well enough to have lunch at Woody's Waterfront, the lively establishment where we spent St. Patrick's Day last year. My eyes still hurt too much for outdoor activities, so we stopped at Walgreen's where the pharmacist recommended both an eye wash and drops. Relief was immediate. I can see well enough to type.

No more swimming without protective eyewear.

Florida Pics.

1 comment: