Thursday, March 12, 2015

Frog Pond Breakfast


We had breakfast at the Frog Pond last year, after Ash Wednesday mass. It was very crowded that morning but a couple of guys invited us to share their table, and we enjoyed a very pleasant meal. Much too large, though, and I felt somewhat reluctant to return

The name is vaguely nauseating to me. I know what a frog pond is and I can see it in the spring, full of frogs' eggs, smelling like a dirty aquarium. ]

I overcame my reluctance and we went back yesterday. We got in right away this time and Bob found a breakfast special toward the bottom of the menu.: $7.45 for two eggs, toast, choice of meat (we both had sausage), choice of many sides (tomatoes for me, home fries for Bob -- which he shared), juice, coffee. Service was quick and friendly.  Plenty of food, but not one of the giant plates perfect for a teenage boy or construction worker.

The frog pictures and wall decorations are cheery and original. We'll go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment