Friday, March 20, 2015

Walsingham Park

Testing new fishing lures
I didn't need a new park but I wasn't averse to visiting something new. Today we went to Walsingham Park, a venue that may have promised more that it could deliver.

Kayakers are welcomed to Shark Tales
I desperately searched for the bluejay I could hear, to no avail. I did get a few shots of waterfowl, but not nearly as many as I had expected. Our most interesting encounter was with a guy testing fishing lures for the Three Legends. He and a companion were working with lures that glowed and beeped, with what seemed to be limited success. They will be in Minnesota sometime this summer, so I'm looking forward to watching out for good old boys in a Winnebago, pitching fishing accessories.

Not as enjoyable as many of the beautiful parks we've visited in this area, but the sun shone brightly and the day was glorious. We stopped at Shark Tales fka Sloppy Pelican for lunch and a beer. We ate at the bar, full of regulars, and enjoyed watching two spring breaker girls in kayaks get up on the dock. They were greeted with great enthusiasm by the mostly male patrons at the bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment