Saturday, March 7, 2015

Pinellas County Botanical Gardens

Blooms a very large
This morning was a shock. I felt cold during the night and woke up to temps around 55F. I've rarely worn long pants in Florida but did so today. It seemed like a good day to hit spend outdoors, since indoor activities would probably be crowded.

We settled on Pinellas County Botanical Gardens in Largo. The GPS got us there in about 30 minutes and we soon realized that we'd be overdressed with our jackets, as the afternoon was warming up. The grounds are peaceful and beautifully maintained, so that that sense of "jungle" that I often have in Florida was minimized. I like to see what's over my head and underfoot too.

One of the many mosaics on the grounds
Our visit was more of an overview than in-depth exploration, but fine for a first time. We didn't see as many birds as I'd hoped, but I felt very happy, almost serene. It was fun to see two women preparing for a wedding in the outdoor setting. I laughed a little to see that the bride's dressing room was tucked into a small room in the same building as the restrooms.


We did a quick visit of the Heritage Village but by this time I'd had enough and couldn't get my mind into the early 20th century. Bob, on the other hand, was much happier here with old buildings, tools, machinery, vehicles and artifacts. Something for everyone today!

We had a late lunch at Leverock's and I hit the pool when we got home. Not surprisingly, it was empty and even Bob declined a swim this evening. It was a great day.

Florida pics.

Vivid color throughout the grounds

No comments:

Post a Comment