Saturday, March 28, 2015

Missed Photo Ops

The weather was a little "cold" (low seventies F) and rainy yesterday so we stayed close to home. I had time to reflect on the pictures I either missed or didn't get to take.

 
One of our osprey
Osprey vs. Pelican Some of our best entertainment has been watching the osprey in the tree across our little inlet. One evening, a pelican was minding his own business fishing in the general area of the nest high above the water. One of the osprey repeatedly dive bombed the pelican. No matter how far away it moved, the osprey attacked until the pelican finally flew out into Boca Ciega Bay. I was too riveted by the spectacle to take an adequate picture.

Jumping Dolphin I saw lots of dolphin but didn't get a good action shot. I guess I cook have taken a video but once again I spent too much time watching and failed to capture. I'm not worry about that either: the memory of those energetic marine animals makes me smile.

Parakeet Pair There was so much parakeet activity at the beginning of the month that I was sure I'd get a good picture of a mating pair. Well, they moved on and the wild sounds we heard for many days has ceased. I miss their crazy screeching.


Unsettled early evening sky on Friday, March 27
Stained Glass The stained glass at St. John's is lovely and beautifully integrated with the waterscapes of the Gulf and Boca Ciega Bay. I was reluctant to disturb quiet worship after weekday Mass so I didn't pull out my camera, except once or twice. I might have been more intrusive if Bob hadn't been beside me to restrain my bolder tendencies.


Sunset on the Beach In the past, we've gone to one of the Pass-a-Grille beaches to see the sunset, or across the street to the TradeWinds property where we stayed our first year in St. Pete Beach. This year, our sixth floor view of the Gulf kept us at home for a great view of both the water and frenetic Gulf Boulevard.

Regrets? Only a few ... it's been a great month for photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment