Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Mini Reunion

Cath and Linda
My high school classmate Linda O. messaged me the other day about getting together sometime while we're in Florida. She and her husband have a winter home in St. Petersburg and we arranged to meet for lunch today at O'Maddy's.

It was a hot day and I was happy that I got our names in with the hostess fairly early, because the wait was 30 minutes. Our table was half in the sun but the breeze off the water cooled us a little as we visited and had our meal.

Dolphin in Gulfport
After lunch we walked on the pier and talked. Linda and I moved in different circles 50 years ago but we've talked at our annual Temiscaming reunion in Gatineau, so any catch-up has already been done and I really enjoyed our conversation. Linda's husband G. is very pleasant and affable, and the four of us had a very companionable afternoon.

Several playful dolphins around the pier helped make this a memorable day.

No comments:

Post a Comment