Friday, February 27, 2015

An Early Start

Still winter!

Bob doesn't sleep well before a day on the road. He gave up at 4:00 a.m., only an hour earlier than I usually get up so I was soon out of bed myself. We were on the road by 5:30, an hour earlier than last year.

We travelled in below zero F weather for several hours, from darkness to full sunlight. The sun rose over Menomonie, Wisconsin, cold and bright. As we drove east, the snow cover increased and I admired the monochromatic landscape of shades of white and blue-grey. Last year, we lost winter weather on our first day out. Not so today. It is still winter in Mount Vernon, Illinois. We're listening to winter storm warnings, but we seem to be ahead of any snow and sleet.

I actually did some driving today, maybe 240 miles or so. I was afraid of the trucks at first but, in the end, did fairly well. I've improved a lot over the last four months! Who knew this bitch could learn new tricks?

Florida pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment